We Respect and Keep Your Data Safe
The Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) protects your personal data while enabling organisations to use your data reasonably to serve you.
We, as a public healthcare institution, respect and keep your data safe by:
Serving You as a Public Healthcare Institution
- limiting access to only doctors and healthcare personnel who are involved in your care, and supporting internal processes,
- conducting regular audits to ensure only authorised persons have accessed your data, and
- removing details that identify you when using your data for internal purposes as far as possible.
Your personal data, which includes data you provide for registration purposes (e.g. name, NRIC No., date of birth etc.), medical information and any other personal information provided by you or your next of kin will be collected when you present yourself for medical examination or treatment at Woodlands Health managed General Wards D57, D68, D77, D88 and Urgent Care Centre at Admiralty.
By voluntarily providing your personal data, it will be deemed that you have consented to the collection, use, storage and disclosure of your personal data by the hospital for patient care purposes, and other related purposes including but not limited to referrals to other healthcare professionals and institutions, billing, and service improvement.
When you seek care at other healthcare providers, we will share relevant data with them through trusted information systems like the National Electronic Health Record (NEHR) system and the Next Generation Electronic Medical Record (NGEMR). We may use your personal data to invite you to participate in suitable care programmes, or shortlist you for participation in relevant research studies.
As a public healthcare institution, we share relevant data and participate in national and multi-agency efforts to:
- review healthcare policies and requirements,
- review programmes that ensure patient safety and improve the quality of healthcare services,
- conduct disease surveillance to address public health concerns, and
- train future generations of healthcare professionals.
Please be assured that if your personal data is collected, used or disclosed for these purposes, we will protect it as required under the PDPA and other relevant legislation such as the Private Hospitals and Medical Clinics Act.
Please refer to our
NHG Personal Data Protection Policy
for further information on our data protection commitment.
If you have any concern, query or complaint about our personal data protection policies and practices, please contact:
Data Protection Officer