What are the signs and symptoms that I need to be concerned with?
A rare but serious spinal condition, Cauda Equina Syndrome, can lead to permanent damage or disability and will need to be seen by an Emergency Specialist.
Some of the warning signs of Cauda Equina Syndrome are:
- Loss of feeling/pins and needles between your inner thighs or genitals
- Numbness in or around your back passage or buttocks
- Altered feeling when using toilet paper to wipe yourself
- Increasing difficulty when you try to urinate
- Increasing difficulty when you try to stop or control your flow of urine
- Loss of sensation when you pass urine or bowel motion
- Leaking urine or recent need to use pads
- Not knowing when you bladder is either full or empty
- Inability to stop a bowel movement or leaking